Monday, February 16, 2026

Effort Is Yours. Results Aren’t

 It’s been over a week of absolute grinding. A team of five of us basically lived in our  IDEs to get College Cupid stable. To make this happen, I had to hit "pause" on everything that keeps me sane: my gym streaks, Spardha practice, and even a powerlifting competition. I even put a ₹25k freelance bonus on the line. It hurts, but the mission came first.

Feedback has been... colorful. I’m getting calls every ten minutes:  

"Ye kya bawasir bana diya ho?" all because the gender ratio is looking a bit like a dollar to rupees.

For real ? "Ye bhi meri galti hai?"

We built the tech, but we can't exactly "git push" girls into the database!   
If they aren’t willing to be on a dating app, hum kya kar sakte hai?
We went through heaven and hell to ship this. Between sacrificing sleep, sanity, and a literal surprise quiz, it felt like the universe was debugging us. Dealing with a bakchod admin who decided to change IITG login configurations mid-launch was one thing.

What about the results? Honestly, I just believe in Lord Krishna (whom I believe he is an earlier version of myself).

कर्मण्येवाधिकारस्ते मा फलेषु कदाचन ।
मा कर्मफलहेतुर्भूर्मा ते सङ्गोऽस्त्वकर्मणि ॥
(You have a right to the work, but never to the results. Don't let the reward be your motivation, and never give in to laziness.)

Moral: Don't care about the results anymore because, honestly, they aren't in your control.

If you wanna check out the app, Click here.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Room #278: The Roommates You Didn't Sign Up For

It’s 3 in the morning, and I should be asleep or solving some hard questions on LeetCode, as my schedule says. But schedules are just on pap...